Hi y'all!

This is my very first blog entry. I never thought I would do something like this, but I want to share my new journey with you. After living in Alabama for the last 18 months, we will be moving back home to Jefferson City soon. I've loved living down in the south and I'm going to miss a lot of things about it. I'll miss the weather, the beach, southern accents, sweet tea, fried okra, and most of all the friends I've made. I truly believe God brings people together for a reason. Let me explain...

I have to admit, I wasn't too pumped up about moving down here in the beginning. I mean, this town doesn't even have a Target for goodness sake! It's Wal-Mart, JCPenney or the Post Exchange. I knew things were looking up for me when I found the cutest little store in town. It was filled with the cutest gifts and everything had a monogram on it! Now, that's my kind of store! I absolutely fell in love with the place. Every time I stepped foot in there I thought to myself, I need to do something like this in Jefferson City! Jeff City needs this :)

Well, luck would have it one Friday night at a local restaurant, my family and I was seated next to the lady who ran that 'cutest little store in town'! I'm not one to strike up a conversation with just anyone (I'm kinda shy like that), but before I knew it I was in deep conversation with her about the store. She told me to come by the following Monday and she would show me around. From that Monday morning on, I knew my life would change and a new journey was on the horizon! I told you God has a reason. I will be forever grateful to have met my girls from the store. Mrs. Lynn (or Aunt Lynn as we've come to call her), Mrs. Nancy, and Savanna - Thank you for your inspiration!

So, here we are today, a few weeks away from moving home and a few weeks away from my dream of opening a storefront. How exciting and how nerrrrveracking all at the same time! All I can say is buckle your seatbelts and hold on tight, we're going for a ride!!! Tell your friends, tell your family, tell everyone Initially Yours is coming to town! I hope you're going to love it!

Stay tuned...we're going to walk through this journey together. Step by step. From the construction to the opening and everything in between!

(Become a follower of my blog and get the inside scoop and special coupons!)